St Anthony's School Hampstead

St Anthony's Girls School Hampstead

Our Ethos

St. Anthony's aims to provide high quality education in a caring, supportive and Catholic environment, infused by Christ's Gospel, in order that each of our pupils is able to develop fully as an individual, well-adjusted to the wider community.

Senior Hockey Match Reports

1st VII Hockey v Arnold House


Our first match of the season was away to Arnold House. We started the game positively apart from a few bad clearances. Only a few minutes into the game and some poor marking from us at the back post led to Arnold House scoring the first goal of the game; 1-0 to Arnold House.  We fought back well and William S played a through ball to Andre who passed it into the bottom corner; 1-1. Only a couple of minutes later we went ahead for the first time; another well-taken goal by Andre. The half time score was 2-1 to St. Anthony’s.

We started the second half better than the first, but it wasn’t long before Arnold House scored; capitalising on a defensive error. Arnold House began to gather momentum and in the space of a few minutes they netted two more goals; again from unforced errors. With only a few minutes left William S pegged one back. Sadly, it turned out to be no more than a consolation goal. We came close with seconds remaining, but just couldn’t find the net. The full time score was 4-3 to Arnold House.

 Written by Emilo


2nd VII Hockey v Arnold House


St. Anthony’s verses Arnold House was played on a sunny Wednesday afternoon in Canons Park. It was a cold day but both teams were there to win.

From the push back to start the game, it was clear St. Anthony’s were the stronger team as we found space and tackled with superiority. We were rewarded with an early goal as Henry found the box defender free and took a powerful shot which the keeper had no chance of stopping. St. Anthony’s were 1-0 up. But it wouldn’t stop there and Henry found space once again and soon St. Anthony’s were 2-0 up. Arnold House were beginning to lose psychologically as well as physically. The defence didn’t allow anything to get past, the midfield was dominating in possession and attack had already scored 2 goals. The match continued and our attackers scored more goals making the score 5-0 in about 15 minutes. Arnold House needed to up their game if they wanted to have a chance at winning and they did so. The defence improved and made it harder for the attackers to find space. The match stalled as St. Anthony’s tried to find a way to crack the defence. Arnold House then took the offensive and a defensive mistake meant our goalkeeper, Freddie, was 3 on 1. Freddie stopped the first shot, however, the ball rebounded and an Arnold House attacker scored their first goal; 5-1. St Anthony’s were never going to leave it there and a series of intensive attacks broke the Arnold House defence putting the score line at 6-1 minutes after Arnold House scored their first goal. St. Anthony’s launched yet another attack which ended in a rebound off the post and Douwejan following up to score; 7-1. St. Anthony’s even scored a further goal late in the half that ended the first half with a score line 8-1 to St Anthony’s.

There was a long break while the 3rd teams played; leaving only time for a short 10 minute second half. St. Anthony’s matched their first half performance with an early attack finding an opening which they capitalised on; 9-1. This was followed shortly by another attack and a goal, leading to a score of 10-1. Still St. Anthony's continued dominating, finding possession and making tackles. In the final moments of the game Arnold House broke through the defence, leaving Freddie one-on-one with an opponent. He stopped this attack with amazing goalkeeping skills and the match ended soon after.

The final score was 10-1 to St. Anthony’s.

 Written by Juan